The Sunnyside Family believes that it takes a village to raise a child. We look to our teachers, families, and community to help us prepare our students for the future. Our families have many opportunities to become involved at Sunnyside.
Our Sunnyside Family Association (S.F.A.) meets six times per year to discuss student and school related issues. We have parent volunteers helping as Room Parents, serving as small group tutors for enrichment and remediation, and assisting teachers in preparation of instructional materials. Parents also work with teachers and administrators on Strategic Planning, Textbook Adoption and other district committees.
Goals of the SFA
- To raise funds to provide additional equipment, materials, and programs to enhance our children's educational experience.
- To promote parent-teacher cooperation and encourage parent and community participation in school activities and programs.
- To promote the welfare of the students.
- To foster closer relationships between the home and the school.
- To inform and involve parents regarding the educational program at Sunnyside Elementary School and Lawrence Township.