Sunnyside School of International Studies
Magnet School of Excellence
The educational program at Sunnyside Elementary is based on the Indiana Academic Standards, with a focus on achievement, integrity and service. Sunnyside Elementary provides excellent educational opportunities for students in grades one through six. Students attending Sunnyside Elementary experience an exciting learning environment that is based on the work of several well-known researchers.
Sunnyside will prepare your student for a world without boundaries… a world full of opportunity! Our children need to become far more responsible, creative and tolerant of differences…they need to own their learning. They need to increase their ability to think for themselves, take initiative, get along with others and solve problems. Today's education must be about bringing the world within reach. Today's students must be globally conscious and internationally minded.
- Recognized by Magnet Schools of America as a national Magnet School of Excellence
- Recognized as an “A” school by the Department of Education
- Sunnyside prides itself on a friendly, accommodating staff and a diverse population of learners
- Students at Sunnyside enjoy multiple extracurricular activities, including Sunnyside Singers, Up and Running Club, and the United Way Side by Side Program
- All students participate in COMPASS Class (Comparing Our Multiple Perspectives Across School and Society), to further the school vision of developing globally conscious and internationally minded students
- Active philanthropy in the building raises dollars for area nonprofits, including the American Heart Association, Riley Hospital for Children, United Way of Central Indiana, and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society