In This Section
Sunnyside prepares students for a world without boundaries by fostering cultural understanding, appreciation of differences, and student decision making. Students learn to be globally conscious and internationally-minded through participation in service learning projects.
All grade levels participate in Spanish language exploration and use technology to connect with peers around the world. Sunnyside provides an atmosphere where students learn to take initiative, think for themselves, and get along with others.
All grade levels utilize a Core Curriculum based on Indiana State Standards, taught in all Lawrence Township Schools. The Readers and Writers Workshop approach is used in Language Arts, Balanced Math, Science, Social Studies, and Social Skills & Community Building.
- Recognized by Magnet Schools of America as a national Magnet School of Excellence
- Recognized as an “A” school by the Department of Education
- Sunnyside prides itself on a friendly, accommodating staff and a diverse population of learners
- Students at Sunnyside enjoy multiple extracurricular activities, including Sunnyside Singers, Up and Running Club, and the United Way Side by Side Program
- All students participate in COMPASS Class (Comparing Our Multiple Perspectives Across School and Society), to further the school vision of developing globally conscious and internationally minded students
- Active philanthropy in the building raises dollars for area nonprofits, including the American
- Heart Association, Riley Hospital for Children, United Way of Central Indiana, and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society