Sunnyside Elementary Resources
- General School Information
- Supply List
Click below to access the MSD of Lawrence Township ELC & Elementary Family Handbook.
ELC & Elementary Handbook - English
The health of your child is important to us. The MSD of Lawrence Township recognizes that good health is essential to effective learning. Each of our schools is staffed with a registered nurse equipped to meet the needs of our students.
General School Information
- DOORS OPEN at 7:35AM and Students are TARDY after 8:00AM.
- DISMISSAL is 2:30PM for Loving Care and Parent Pick up. Busses dismiss at 2:30PM. If there is a change in your child's normal dismissal they must have a note (see student handbook for more information).
- Café Lunch may be paid weekly or Monthly. Children are NOT allowed to charge.
- We look forward to meeting your family.
- The office number is 964-4500 if you need any further assistance.
Stay Connected with ParentSquare
MSD of Lawrence Township uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
We promise to only send you information closely related to school. You can opt-out at anytime. Contact your child's school for more information about opting-out from our communications.
ParentSquare Overview for Parents
ParentSquare Overview in SPANISH
Download ParentSquare App
After the first two weeks of school, we welcome your visit to your child's classroom. Pre-arranged classroom visits by parents are encouraged and welcomed.
We also welcome parents to come and eat lunch with their student in the All Star Cafe. Parents may either eat hot lunch from the cafeteria or bring a sack lunch from home. Please do not bring in food from a restaurant for you and your child.
All visitors should sign in at the office and wear a guest or volunteer badge.
For your child's safety and education, we cannot allow parents to just walk into the classroom unexpectedly. Thank you for your support in providing a safe environment for our children.
The Sunnyside Family believes that it takes a village to raise a child. We look to our teachers, families, and community to help us prepare our students for the future. Our families have many opportunities to become involved at Sunnyside.
Our Sunnyside Family Association (S.F.A.) meets six times per year to discuss student and school related issues. We have parent volunteers helping as Room Parents, serving as small group tutors for enrichment and remediation, and assisting teachers in preparation of instructional materials. Parents also work with teachers and administrators on Strategic Planning, Textbook Adoption and other district committees.
Goals of the SFA
- To raise funds to provide additional equipment, materials, and programs to enhance our children's educational experience.
- To promote parent-teacher cooperation and encourage parent and community participation in school activities and programs.
- To promote the welfare of the students.
- To foster closer relationships between the home and the school.
- To inform and involve parents regarding the educational program at Sunnyside Elementary School and Lawrence Township.
All visitors to school buildings are required to complete a SafeSolutions background check upon entry.
- All visitors must report to the school office to provide identification, sign in, and receive a visitor’s badge before entering the school.
- Visitors should not park in the bus lanes. Visitors are welcome for lunch, but a reservation must be made by 9 a.m. on the morning of the visit.
- Although classroom visits are encouraged, mutually agreed upon times must be coordinated between the teacher and the visitor.
- Volunteers should not use the visit as a time to meet or talk with the teacher about a student’s progress. The teacher must keep his/her attention focused on the entire class. Appointments should be scheduled for family / teacher conferences.
- Volunteers are welcomed and appreciated. A wide variety of opportunities are available at your child’s school. Please check with your child’s school or teacher to learn more about the volunteering opportunities.
- Volunteers are at school to complete a certain task within a predetermined time limit. Volunteers must only participate in what was arranged with the teacher or school.
- Volunteers who work with students will be required to complete and have an approved criminal history background check prior to working in the school.
Volunteer forms are accessible by clicking the links MSDLT Volunteer Forms in the Quick Links to the right.
*A NEW Volunteer from will need to be completed EVERY Year
If you have questions, please contact your child's school.